Thursday, May 10, 2012

Chickening out.

I have decided that the little silkpaper-book will be too fragile! I will keep the silkpaper as material, but I will mount each leaf onto a stiffer paper.
That will change the design considerable, but I think it is worth it to get some more durability.
Admittedly,I like it best as it was, the handling of the pages and the see-through effect will not be there anymore.
Well, other qualities will enter instead.So....
Here are some images of the start today.21 linocuts printed.and layed out to dry underneath the table.
No available space anywhere, since the studio still is full of plants.

2 comments:

Carole said...

Elisabeth, I would never use the word chicken when I think of you! To me you are one of the bravest artists I know. You are always experimenting and through that you are creating amazing work! I admire that in you and your art. I always look forward to see what you are doing next!

Elisabeth Omdahl said...

Hi,Carole!
What heartwarming words!
Certainly brightening my day!
Hugs from Elisabeth